Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 May 2024

Cowl mod...

 I had to extensively modify the cowl for the UL520T.  After all the slicing and dicing, I had to rebuild 95% of the goggle between the top and bottom halves.  On the starboard side, I guess I over-trimmed the flange.

Luckily I had some of the strips that I laid up previously, and bonded a then piece behind the existing flange to extend it up slightly.


Hopefully this will work.

I am going to prime the entire inside of the cowl at this stage.  I want something behind the skybolt fasteners when they go on and not just bare fiberglass.  I did the port flange yesterday, then just figured I should just go do it all.  It looks so much better than the hodge podge of colours it is right now.

Then I can put all the fasteners in the cowl.  That will be exciting...

No comments:

Post a Comment