Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 May 2024

Battery box cooling

I am running 2x EarthX ETX900's located on the firewall.  With the amount of air that will be circulating under the cowl I do not expect excess heat... and the batteries are as far away from the turbo as I can make it.  However I am still planning on cooling the batteries.  I have put a 1" flange on the port side cylinder plenum, and a 1" on the battery box.

The battery box was last installed before the engine mount went on... and oh boy it was a challenge to get out.  Not impossible, but not as easy as I had planned.

Took everything apart, and riveted the flange in.  Flush on the inside of the box.  There is a 1/2" gap between the batteries.



Need to take the box off again as I have to mount the cowl fasteners on that side and it will be far easier to do that with the battery box out.

This is probably overkill, but easier to do now than later.

You can see the corresponding flange on the rear plenum below.


I am not going to route the SCAT tubes until I know where the plug wires are going to run...

No comments:

Post a Comment